My Ready, Set, Hike! DVD launched this morning. It was produced by the lovely family at TawzerDog… A great way to start the day … more info
” Join Nancy Tanner, for a day of training and discussion, to prepare you and your dog for back country hiking and wilderness first aid …
Ready, Set, HIKE! is celebrating its 4 Year Anniversary in the back country, so we wanted to share our information in a full day workshop. A great opportunity for the beginning thru avid hiker, as well as trainers, City Planners, looking to add a new program to their curriculum! This program doesn’t teach people how to hike, we assume if you know how to walk, then hiking will be a breeze! RSH prepares dogs and their owners to use trails responsibly while enjoying the back country.”
- Self-control in the car is where the hike begins
- Trail etiquette – multi use trails, what are you responsible for?
- The Back Country is not a dog park, how to change what your doing
- Working on specific behaviors all dog/owner teams should have before stepping out onto a trail. Directionals, recalls in the great outdoors, off trail stays, between, trail fetch, behind, trail passing, and more!
- Creating a hiking partner – how far is too far? Working on space
- Right of Ways
- Trail choice – knowing you and your dog’s ability
- Seasonal, dry, wet, high, low hiking – benefits, considerations? You bet!
- Wilderness first aid tips – prevention
- Gear, clothing, what to bring in your day pack for you and your dog
- Paw Care – staying mobile
- Hiking Solo with your dog – tips
- Trapping and hunting considerations
- Taking photos … it’s a must!
- … and more!